The South African Police Service in Limpopo held a two day Detective Conference at St Marco Hall outside Polokwane.
The Conference was attended by Deputy National Commissioner, Lt Gen LebegoanaTsumani, Provincial Commissioner of Limpopo, Lt Gen NnekeLedwaba, Maj Gen Bafana Linda from the Division Detective Service, Provincial Heads and Commanders from Crime Intelligence and Detective Service at all levels of command. Representatives from the National Criminal Record Centre were also in attendance.
The Conference commenced on Tuesday 2018-08-07 and ended today.
This conference is a build-up exercise to the National Detective Conference which will be held in the near future. The purpose is to enhance the detective environment.
Gen Tsumane unpacked the objectives of this conference as follows:
* To align the strategic policies of the detectives throughout the country to the turnaround vision of the National Commissioner.
* To establish efficient, effective and clear detective directives in the whole country in order to derive the technical strategies of the National Commissioner.
* To put systems in place of ensuring that the Forensics, Detectives and Crime Intelligence operate as one entity to strengthen the effective service delivery.
* To have a powerful crime detection approach system.
* To establish and launch the OCTA process with the aim of having the unconventional way of investigations.
* To ensure that all the most wanted suspects throughout the country are arrested.
* To establish a data-base of the modus operandi of the cash- intrans-sit robberies, house robberies, TRIO crimes, etc. with the sole objective of curbing them successfully.
Source: South African Police Service